Reason #1: Clinical Research
The skin care products sold exclusively by dermatologists are backed by extensive research and are clinically-tested to deliver superior results. The professional lines of skin care products available at Clarkston Dermatology use high-quality, prescription-strength ingredients, and have more potent combinations of active ingredients than what you can get over-the-counter.
Reason #2: Stronger Active Ingredients
Most over-the-counter (OTC) products only actually contain small amounts of active ingredients and they typically only work on the top layer of the skin. Medical-grade products have a higher concentration of active ingredients (think: hyaluronic acid, growth factors, peptides, acids, retinols, antioxidants) and are developed to penetrate deeper levels of the skin as well as help with cell turnover.
Reason #3: Exclusive & Hand-picked by Experts
When you purchase clinical skin care products from a physician’s office, you are bringing home a product that is backed by extensive research and exclusive to medical offices only. Furthermore, when you purchase skin care online, or over-the-counter, you are relying on your own research to determine what regimen or product(s) would work best for your skin - - often finding the skin care products aren’t right for your skin, or even worse, do not work! At Clarkston Dermatology, we offer free product consultations where you will receive a custom regimen recommendation that is appropriate and curated for your individual skin.
What Skin Care Products Do We Offer?
Clarkston Dermatology is proud to offer several lines of award- winning and trusted skin care brands for our patients.
- Skinbetter science®
- Skinbetter science®, available through authorized physicians only, was created by a team of experts with a clinical research and development background. Skinbetter science® products feature Revolutionary InterFuse® technology that improves the delivery of active ingredients and AlphaRet®, a proprietary blend of an AHA and retinoid.
- This unique skin care system is based on Swiss wound-healing research that has been applied to effectively addressing aging skin. NEOCUTIS® is designed to support natural healing mechanisms in the skin to encourage your skin to produce more collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid – three components that create the support structure that keeps your skin firm and smooth.
- Avene® is a hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic line of skin care products rooted in both dermatology and hydrotherapy. Avene® products are made for sensitive skin and feature softening Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- Glytone® began in 1943 when two pharmacists began working with a dermatologist to develop skin care products based on the development of free glycolic acid. Today, Glytone® has a line of products featuring clinically proven ingredients like azelaic acid, hyaluronic acid, hydroquinone, and retinaldehyde.
- Revision Skincare®
- Revision Skincare® specializes in anti-aging skin care products designed to support beautiful, healthy skin in the long term. Revision Skincare® products go through a lengthy clinical review process and combine proven ingredients with a proprietary delivery system to ensure active ingredients can penetrate deeply into the skin.
- SkinMedica® is one of the most recognizable brands of professional skin care. This award-winning line – part of the same Allergan family as Juvéderm®, Kybella®, and Botox® – features clinically tested ingredients that support the skin's natural ability to heal and regenerate.
- Skin Science & Essentials by Clarkston Dermatology
- Clarkston Dermatology proudly offers two private label skin care lines called Skin Science & Essentials -- featuring products for acne, skin rejuvenation, mature skin, and post-procedure skin.
At Clarkston Dermatology, we believe that finding the help you need to look and feel your best shouldn't be difficult. Our team of licensed professionals are dedicated to offering the most innovative treatments and trusted brands of professional-grade and prescription-strength skin care products. Ready to learn more about how we can helpyou protect and rejuvenate your skin? Start today by contacting us for a free consultation, meeting with your expert guides, and starting on a custom care plan.