Medical Dermatology in Clarkston, MI
Are you concerned about the health of your skin? At Clarkston Dermatology, we believe you deserve a personalized medical experience and real results. Your concerns are valid and should not be ignored. We have worked for more than 14 years to build lasting relationships with our patients in Clarkston and Troy, Michigan.
What Is Medical Dermatology?
Dermatology is a specialty of medicine focusing on all skin, hair and nails, but it can be broken down further into cosmetic dermatology and medical dermatology. A medical dermatologist at Clarkston Dermatology can diagnose and treat everything from acne and dermatitis to rosacea, eczema, and skin cancer using dermatologic surgery, prescription medication, and non-invasive treatments.
What Medical Dermatology Services Do You Offer?
Clarkston Dermatology offers a range of medical dermatology services to diagnose and treat chronic and acute skin conditions ranging from rashes and eczema to skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer
- If you have symptoms of skin cancer, Clarkston Dermatology can help diagnose you and determine the next step in treatment. Two of our most popular skin cancer treatments are Mohs surgery and superficial radiotherapy.
- Mohs Surgery
- This revolutionary surgical technique has a very high cure rate in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma. At Clarkston Dermatology, we have a fellowship-trained dermatologist who can perform your Mohs surgery in-house.
- Angiomas and Hemangiomas (Red Spots)
- Hemangiomas and angiomas are harmless red spots or growths made up of blood vessels that can be treated effectively with laser therapy.
- Acne Treatments
- We offer a range of effective acne treatments for both adult and teen acne and scars including oral treatments, chemical peels, laser therapy, and extraction.
- Eczema Treatments
- Light therapy and prescription medications, including biologic therapies, can be used to manage eczema or atopic dermatitis which causes itchy, rough, and inflamed skin. At Clarkston Dermatology, we are a leader in research with ground-breaking biologic therapies that work to treat the root cause of your eczema.
- Psoriasis Treatments
- Psoriasis leaves bumpy or scaly patches of skin when skin cells multiply too quickly. We offer a variety of treatment options for smoother, more even skin including topical medications, oral medications, light therapy and more including our clinical trials with Clarkston Skin Research.
- Rosacea Treatments
- You don’t need to live with the redness, inflammation, and blemishes of rosacea. We offer several effective treatment options for rosacea including topical medication, oral medication, laser treatment and chemical peels.
- Wart and Mole Removal
- Clarkston Dermatology offers safe and effective removal of moles, warts, and other skin growths.
- While rashes may all look similar to the untrained eye, our board-certified dermatologists will diagnose the cause of the rash and most appropriate treatment solution.
- Photodynamic Therapy
- This revolutionary treatment can treat certain types of skin cancer without the need for invasive surgery.
- Superficial Radiotherapy
- We treat non-melanoma skin cancer with superficial radiotherapy, which delivers precise X-ray radiation just below the skin’s surface to kill skin cancer cells.
- Hair Loss Treatments
- Clarkston Dermatology offers advanced treatment options for hair loss, including Magellan® TruPRP technology.
- Pediatric Dermatology
- A dermatologist at Clarkston Dermatology diagnoses, treats, and manages a range of pediatric skin conditions such as hemangiomas, eczema, rashes, and acne.
- Full Body Exam
- A full body skin exam should be done at least once annually, as it’s the best line of defense against advanced skin cancer.
Ready for healthier skin? Concerned about a suspicious or bothersome mole, skin tag, or growth? We believe you deserve to be seen AND heard. Contact us at Clarkston Dermatology to schedule your appointment, meet our expert team, and start the journey of safe, effective treatment to get healthier skin. Until we hear from you, we encourage patients in Troy, Clarkston, and other Michigan communities to download “5 Reasons to Use Sunscreen” to learn more about reducing the risk of skin cancer and sun damage.